Valmer is an enchanting setting dedicated to the delights of gardens and wines.
Italian style hanging gardens of the Renaissance. Eight levels of terrasses overlooking protected landscapes: clipped hornbeam labyrinth, yew hedge castle, florentine fountains, balustrades, statues, moats, box hedges and flower beds. Botany and biodiversity: Kitchen garden, collections of hydrangeas, peonies, pleached fruit trees. An extensive XVIIth century park with columns, belvedere and a young arboretum with interesting species. A rare troglodytic chapel dating from 1524.
Chateau de Valmer proposes gastronomical workshops for a surprising wine and food pairing experience!
The estate is a listed Historical Monument and designated Jardin Remarquable by Ministry of Culture.
Certifications / Network
- Jardin remarquable
- Accueil vélo
- Accueil Vélo site de visite et de loisirs
- Escapades aux jardins
- Parcs et Jardins en région Centre
Comfort / Services
- Picnic area
Date / Time
- Wednesday : From 14h00 to 19h00
- Thursday : From 14h00 to 19h00
- Friday : From 14h00 to 19h00
- Saturday : From 14h00 to 19h00
- Sunday : From 14h00 to 19h00
- Monday : From 10h00 to 12h00 and From 14h00 to 16h00
- Tuesday : From 10h00 to 12h00 and From 14h00 to 16h00
- Wednesday : From 10h00 to 12h00 and From 14h00 to 16h00
- Thursday : From 10h00 to 12h00 and From 14h00 to 16h00
- Friday : From 10h00 to 12h00 and From 14h00 to 16h00
- Full adult price to 10€
- Child rate to 7€
- Discount rate to 9€ (10/18 years old, students, unemployed, large families, members of SNHF)
Means of payment
- Carte bleue
- Postal or bank cheques
- Holiday vouchers
- Eurocard - Mastercard
- Money transfer